Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Thing of Beauty

Yes, there she is, on her maiden voyage - my spankin' new KitchenAid mixer. Oh happy day, I can now mix bread dough without paining my poor little hands. This wonderful vision was made possible by a lovely Christmas present from my parents and my sister K. Thanks guys!

So I made up some bread at the first chance, and it was so dang easy with this thing. My hands barely got floury people. The only tricky thing is knowing when you've got the right consistency or worked the dough too much or too little, since your hands aren't actually in it. Oh well, I'm willing to have a little adjustment period! This loaf came out beautifully, and was practically half-gone shortly thereafter. Yum!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Wow! That is a cool gift. My parents have one and I covet it. Someday....enjoy!