Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quilt Top


Inspired by quilts seen in Jane Brockett's The Gentle Art of Domesticity, I decided to piece together a simple quilt top on my vacation a couple of weeks ago. While I was hoping to purchase fabric with amazing, colorful patterns from the local fabric store Sew to Speak, once I realized the amount of fabric needed, and the cost per yard, I realized I was going to have to economize!

Luckily my mom has a huge fabric stash that she's very generous with. I decided to go with a monochromatic selection of creams, beiges and tans. I like how clean and soothing, and sort of old fashioned the colors are. Feminine without being frilly and pink. It'll be queen sized (in preperation for the day we can actually have that sized bed) once it's done. I'm kind of dreading laying it out and layering batting and backing and pinning. Ugh. No fun. Oh well, the result will be worth it, and it was so dang easy to sew together, I hate to complain.

I guess I'll have to save Sew to Speak for a smaller project - maybe something apron sized?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love these colors. Very pretty. Do treat yourself to some Sew to Speak too! :)

Amanda said...

Dianna --this is lovely! Love your blog too by the way. Yay for craft blogs ;)