Friday, October 17, 2008

New Bag, Blue Bag

Well, after figuring out that the handle piece sizes are misprinted in the book, and visiting a couple of errata pages, I figure out the Simple Tote from "Bend the Rules Sewing." Hmmm, not as simple as desired, in my opinion, but I just hate turning sewn pieces right side out and stitching closed the hole. Haaaate it. Okay, I'll stop complaining. This is one of those projects that takes a little mind bending to figure out, but once you do, it makes total sense. I've been wanting to use this Amy Butler fabric forever, but only had a little bit - this was the perfect thing for it. It's a bit wrinkly from use...



In the meantime, I'm hunting around all my fabric hiding places for some flannel (it's around here somewhere) to make a pieced scarf with. Again, inspired by Amy Butler - her book "Midwest Modern." I love looking at those books, but I also get wracked with jealousy because all those pictures of are a life I want to be living! Agh! Oh well, I guess human nature just tends to go that way. Back to my own life, where the dishwasher still needs emptied, the floors swept and the cat has probably yakked all over something. Again. Aah, the round of life!

No comments: