Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mmmmm, cake....


For whatever reason, I was struck with a major chocolate cake craving earlier this week, and found a nice little recipe to help me out. I actually had every ingredient I needed in my kitchen, in the right quantity, so miracle of miracles, I got cake with icing too!


The recipe calls for 1 cup of cold coffee, which I might bump up to instant espresso powder, since the flavor didn't stand out too strongly. It was still delicious, none the less.


And here's a really simple chocolate icing recipe that I luuuv:

1.5 cups confectioners sugar

3 TB cocoa powder

3 TB milk

3 TB oil (canola or vegetable oil)



Mix it together - maybe add a little more cocoa powder, or coffee or vanilla if you want, and you're ready to ice it up. Deelicious. T and I actually managed to eat this whole cake ourselves, so it must of been pretty good.

No comments: