Sunday, February 8, 2009

Before Things Melted

While I was in New Jersey, two weeks ago, one humdinger of a storm came through Ohio. I got to have an extra day with my sister and her family, and everyone back home got snow and ice! Once I did get home, I just had to take some pictures of what all that pain-in-the-ass ice did to everything outside. It was a beautiful sunny day, but colder than cold. The next day it warmed up enough to melt all the delicate ice on plants and such, so I'm glad I braved the temperatures to get some pictures.





And now this weekend we've warmed up to the 50's on some days, so we're finally seeing the ground again for the first time in what feels like months. I never thought I'd be so happy to see the asphalt on my street. I know it's a nature fake out, but you could easily be tricked into thinking spring is here. I worry for the spring birds I keep hearing out there! I'm sure we'll get more winter, but the respite has been nice. I'm definitely in the mood to get going on garden planning now, too. Warm weather will be here before we know it, and I can just smell the dirt already!

No comments: