Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's heeerrre!


Well, after finding out that it had actually been waiting for pickup for over a month, my wedding dress is finally in my possession! It's so nice to know it's hanging there in the closet, and it's not going to go anywhere without me in it. In fact, I have plans to make the most of this dress, and wear it around a little - when T's not home of course. I just think I'd like to a.) get a little practice wearing something fancy again, and b.) get a little more than a few hours wear out of it. So, hopefully the gas meter reader won't come to the door, or I might have some awkward explaining to do.

In other news, I finally feel like I'm caught up and "back" from my last NJ visit. I had a whirlwind of a time at work last week, due to a library staff plague, and I had a busy weekend, gallery hopping, working and well, not cleaning the bathroom. So, now here I am, simmering up some amazing smelling chicken stock (I'm trying herb de provence this time!) and letting some bread raise. Aaaaahhhh. And since the sun set just an hour ago, I don't feel like I'm living in Siberia. Life is incredibly good right now, right?

As a parting photo, I caught one cute kid displaying about 5 of the 6 Ready to Read skills! (You can't hear it, but she's "reading" Green Eggs and Ham to herself.) I miss this little lady and her sis big time!

2 comments:

Cat Herself said...

That lace is fabulous - frothy and delicate and promising of transcendent beauty.

Amy said...

Wow! Double wow!