Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yum

I've been on vacation this week, and I've been on a domestic rampage (well, the cleaning might better be called a skirmish than a rampage). Made soup in the crock pot, and Cuban bread to go with it Tuesday, then yesterday I made this soooo delicious pear/custard tart. Katherine at work told me the recipe, which is so ridiculously easy and rewarding, I might just marry it.



- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry dough
- 2-3 pears, depending on size and how many you want in there
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- dash of nutmeg and cinnamon if you want

Line a pie dish with your thawed pastry dough. Slice your pears - you can be fancy and layer them like a frenchy chef, or just dump them in there any old way you want. Combine cream, sugar, egg and spices, and whisk until sort of airy and fluffy. Pour your custard over the pears, covering evenly. Then lick the bowl, cause come on - you're SLAVING here!

Bake at 350 for an hour. This is really delicious when it's nice and cold - stick it in the fridge if you so desire. So, I've finally made something with my homegrown pears! And it was good!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey Dianna! This pie and that bread looks yummy yummy yummy. I'm so glad you've had a good week off work!