Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yum, part deux

In addition to my delicious pastry treat, I also made my first succusful loaf of traditional, white bread. Here it is (after dinner, which is why it's so short).

After two annoyingly lame attempts at sourdough last week, I was incredibly relieved to see the dough rising and acting like a good dough should. After making this recipe, I'm not sure why anyone would want the trouble, not to mention stench, of dealing with sourdough. I created my own starter, proofed dough, all that stinky stuff - and the bread came out heavy as a brick, and smelly as socks. Two thumbs down for that one.

But this bread was easy, fast, and darn good. The only thing I might do differently next time, is use a little less sugar. T, of course, said I should use more.

No comments: