Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holy Monkeys It's Cold!

I love having time off from work, don't you?  I got lucky, and hit a 4 day weekend this New Year's, so when I woke up today I actually had a little creative energy, instead of just the soul crushing have-to-clean-this-dirty-dirty-house depression.  You know that feeling, right? 

Well today, there was a new dusting of snow on the ground, so I grabbed my camera and wandered outside to snap a few shots of pretty winter things.  I wish it were easier to take pictures in blinding sunlight - all that light makes is really hard to actually see, well, anything.  Not to mention how it's pretty chilly out lately.  Anyway, here are a few I think are nice.


A sunflower, hanging on.  I love how stark and sharp this one turned out.  Very Wyeth-y


Our pea trellis.  I like the texture.


Cabbages, also holding on, as they do.  They actually look like tiny palm trees, which makes me sigh.


At least it looks warm!  I always chuck pumpkins out into the garden.  This one wasn't carved, so it's in pretty good shape.  The way the color is changing is pretty cool.

Brrr!  So, to combat all this chilliness, I'm off to go make bread!  Hope you all are staying nice and toasty.

1 comment:

katie said...

These are really stunning photos, Dianna. I especially like the sunflower too.

And I totally see what you mean about the cabbages!